Renault Kangoo ZE support bus routes in Brighton
- Brighton & Hove Buses add six all-electric Renault Kangoo Z.E. to fleet
- All-electric van range perfectly suited for business requirements
- Minimised running costs key to securing order
- Renault Pro+ delivers again
Brighton & Hove Buses, part of the Go Ahead Group, one of the leading nationwide providers in passenger transport, has added six 100% electric Renault Kangoo Z.E. Vans to their fleet to support the workshop. They know a thing or two when it comes to selecting the right vehicles, after all, over a billion journeys are made on their buses and trains every year.
Brighton & Hove Buses are committed to acting sustainably and were key in helping owning group Go-Ahead become the first transport company to achieve the Carbon Trust Standard for reducing year-on-year emissions in carbon, water and waste. This is why the all-electric Renault Kangoo Van Z.E. was their logical choice. With more than adequate range for the job in hand and zero emissions rating the Renault Kangoo Van Z.E. made sense financially, in terms of running costs, but also in terms of overhead costs.
The purchase of the full electric Renault Kangoo Van Z.E. fleet future proofs Brighton & Hove Buses investment from potential fuel duty and taxation increases. The vans are Congestion Charge exempt, eligible for the upcoming Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ), eligible for the Government Plug-in Van Grant (PiVG), and are VED exempt.
Steve Ambury, Engineering Director of Brighton & Hove Buses commented: “As a forward thinking transport provider we needed a van that not only worked for us financially but one that is moving the game forward. The Renault Kangoo Van Z.E. perfectly suits our requirements whilst reducing the companies’ tax liabilities and carbon footprint.
Mark Potter, National Fleet Manager, Renault UK said: “We are delighted to continue our relationship with Go Ahead Group. Renault Pro+ electric vans really are in collaboration with its customers to analyse business requirements and offer the solution that best suits their needs. In this instance the Renault Kangoo Z.E. ticked all the boxes for Go Ahead Group”.
The Kangoo Z.E. has recently been enhanced with the addition of the 33kWh battery pack. Now with almost 60% more range, now achieving 170 miles (NEDC). In real-world driving, Renault estimates the Kangoo fitted with the new Z.E. 33 battery has a real-world range of around 124 miles.
The New Kangoo Van Z.E. 33 is available in four variations:
- Kangoo Van Z.E. 33
- Available with two seats and a load capacity of up to 3.6m3
- Kangoo Maxi Van Z.E. 33
- Styled with two seats and up to 4.6m3 load capacity
- Kangoo Maxi Crew Van Z.E. 33
- Suitable for carrying a small crew of people, with five seats and a load capacity of 1.3m3
- Kangoo Maxi Crew Van Cab Z.E. 33
- Features an innovative multi-positional bulkhead allowing a crew of up to five people or a load capacity of up to 3.6m³ whichever is required at the time, whilst staying safe
Prices for the Kangoo Z.E. 33 start at £14,195, after PiVG and excluding VAT with battery leasing from £49 a month based on 4,500 miles a year. When supplied including the battery prices start at £17,741, after PiVG and excluding VAT.